1) Have his portrait painted from a photograph.
2) Buy a guide book for the city or region where you live. Visit someplace you've never been before.
3) Surprise her by giving her a gift on your birthday. First, you'll surprise the heck out of her! Second, you'll experience the truth that "It's as much fun to give as it is to receive."
4) Send her a birthday card every day for a month!
5) Write him a little love note; insert it in the book he's reading.
6) Brush her hair for her. Be gentle.
7) Carve her initials and yours in a tree.
8) Give her a bottle of champagne as a "thank you" for doing the grocery shopping.
9) Revive chivalry.Women love a real Gentleman.
- Open her car door.
- Hold her dinner chair.
- Help her on with her coat.
10) Go out dancing!
11) Mail a lingerie gift to her at work.
12) Place a flower under the windshield wiper of his car.
13) Propose a toast to her while at a dinner party with good friends.
14) Eat dinner by candlelight.
15) Greet him at the front door wearing a big red ribbon and nothing else.
16) Use kids' valentines: A whole box full of silly puns and
cliche's, all for just a couple of bucks.
- Mail a boxful of 'em.
- Fill the sink with them.
- Fill his briefcase full of them.
- Fill her pillow with them.
- Tape them all over her car.
- Mail one-a-day for a month.
17) Go to a carnival, fair, or amusement park together. (Without the kids.) Plan to blow an entire roll of quarters on silly games.
18) Kidnap her! Blindfold her; drive her around town until she's definitely lost; then reveal your destination: Her favorite restaurant, or maybe a romantic inn!
19) Be prepared with a romantic music library.
20) Buy her an entire outfit. Include: Beautiful lingerie, a gorgeous dress, a matching scarf, pin or necklace, and shoes! Spread 'em out on the bed. Wait for her jaw to drop.
21) Wrap all her gifts in her favorite color.
22) Don't forget about drive-ins!
23) Watch the sunset together. Find a hill. Bring a picnic. It's better than TV!
24) In the winter, warm-up her car for her! And while you're at it,
brush the snow off her windshield, too.
25) Vow to start saving mementos of your life together. Create a "Mementos File" or "Memories Box."
From the book:
1001 Ways to be Romantic
by Gregory J.P. Godek.
If you are interested in purchasing 1001 Ways to be Romantic, or other books related to romance, please see The F.U.N. Place's
Barnes and Noble's Bookstore.