The F.U.N. Place Recipe Box Archives
Green Pasta Salad
1. Break the spaghetti strands into thirds. Cook the spaghetti in a
large quantity of boiling water until tender (about 8 min). Drain
and set aside.
- 1/2 lb Spinach spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 5 Asparagus spears
- 2 Med-size zucchini
- 1/4 lb Snow peas
- 1/4 lb Mushrooms, sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 pt Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Minced parsley
- 1/4 cup Minced basil
2. Whisk together in a small bowl the mayonnaise,
garlic, vinegar, and curry powder. Add this to the cooked spaghetti
and gently mix.
3. Scrape the asparagus and cut each spear on the
diagonal into 1" pieces. Steam these pieces into a small amount of
boiling water 5 min. Drain and stir into the spaghetti.
4. Cut the
zucchini in half lengthwise. Slice each half crosswise into 1/4""
pieces. Stir these into the spaghetti.
5. Cut the snow peas on the
diagonal into 3/4" slices. Stir these into the spaghetti.
6. Stir in
the mushrooms and tomatoes.
7. Combine the parsley and basil. Shower
the salad with the combined herbs but do not toss.
8. Salad can be
served now or covered and refrigerated. If chilled, let it return
nearly to room temperature for best flavor.
Posted by Norma on April 18, 1999
Back to The F.U.N. Place