The F.U.N. Place Recipe Box Archives
Sweetheart Strawberry Tarts
1. Combine cookie crumbs and margarine or butter in medium bowl. Using back of spoon, evenly press 2 rounded tablespoons crumb mixture onto bottom and sides of each of 12 paper-lined 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups; refrigerate while making filling.
- 26 OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, finely rolled
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1 quart strawberries, divided
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
2. Set aside 12 small whole strawberries for garnish. Wash and slice remaining strawberries; set aside 1 cup for glaze. Pat remaining strawberries dry; divide among tart shells.
3. Heat reserved sliced strawberries and 1/4 cup water in small saucepan over medium heat to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer 3 minutes. Blend remaining 1/4 cup water, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice; stir into berries. Return to a boil; boil 1 minute until thickened and clear. Cool. Spoon 1 tablespoon glaze over berries in each tart shell. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
4. Remove paper liners. Top each tart with whipped cream and whole strawberry.
Posted by Homebound on February 08, 1999
Back to The F.U.N. Place