The F.U.N. Place Recipe Box Archives
1) Line base & sides of a 27 x 18 cm oblong tin with aluminum foil.Brush the foil with butter or oil.
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup glucose liquid (what is that? corn syrup maybe?)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2) Combine the sugar,glucose & water in a large,heavy-based pan.Stir over medium heat without boiling until sugar has completely dissolved.Brush sugar crystals from side of pan with a wet pastry brush. Bring to the boil,reduce heat slightly,boil without stirring for about 8 minutes or until the mixture just begins to turn golden. Remove from heat immediately.
3) Add the sifted soda to the sugar mixture. Using a wooden spoon stir until bubbles begin to subside & there is no soda visible on the surface of the mixture.
4) Pour carefully into prepared tin & leave to set-about 1 1/2 hrs. Remove from tin,peel away foil & cut into pieces. Store in an airtight container in a cool,dark place for up to 7 days.
Posted by Sandy on January 15, 1999
Back to The F.U.N. Place