The F.U.N. Place Recipe Box Archives
Hot Shot Cherries
Pecans and cherries pack a punch!
In a medium bowl, combine pecans and cherries. In a small bowl, combine Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, garlic powder, seasoned salt, cumin and oregano; mix well. Pour over pecan mixture; stir to coat.
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pecan mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, 4 to 5 minutes. Do not allow mixture to burn. Remove from heat. Spread pecans on waxed paper to cool. Store in a tightly covered container.
Makes about 3 cups.
Posted by Homebound on January 06, 1999
Back to The F.U.N. Place