The F.U.N. Place Recipe Box Archives
Tootsie's Broccoli Casserole
- 1 can (10 3/4-ounce) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise (reduced fat mayonnaise may be substituted)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion (optional)
- 3 (10-ounce) packages frozen cut broccoli
- 8 ounces (2 cups) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together condensed soup, mayonnaise, beaten egg,
and, if desired, chopped onion.
3. Place frozen broccoli into a very large mixing bowl. (I like to use my large
stainless steel bowl to mix this recipe thoroughly.) Break up the frozen broccoli.
Using a rubber spatula, scrape soup-mayonnaise mixture on top of broccoli and mix
well. Sprinkle on cheese and mix well. Using a rubber spatula, scrape and pour
mixture into prepared baking dish. Smooth top of casserole using spatula. Season to
taste with salt, pepper, and paprika.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Serve hot.
Posted by Tootsie on December 22, 1998
Back to The F.U.N. Place