The F.U.N. Place Recipe Box Archives
Sweet Potato Pie
Prepare dough. Heat oven to 350 degree F. In large bowl, beat eggs with sugar, spices and salt; mix thoroughly. Stir in cream and vanilla. Add potatoes, mix thoroughly; spoon into prepared pastry shell. Bake 1 hour or until filling is firm.
- Dough for 10 inch pie crust
- 3 Large eggs
- 3/4 to 1 1/4 cups of sugar(depending upon sweetness of potatoes)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes-after sweet potatoes are finishing boiling, mash and whip with a blender. Try to beat with a blender at least three times or as needed. After each whip, rinse the beaters. You are aiming to try to get some of the strings out of the sweet potatoes.
Posted by Chrystal Y. Watson on November 25, 1998
Back to The F.U.N. Place