The F.U.N. Place Recipe Box Archives
Chicken Macaroni Salad
1. Arrange the pepper halves skin side up on a cookie sheet, broil 6 inches from the heat turning once, until charred and soft about 5 - 8 minutes. Peel and remove seeds, slice the peppers into 1 x 1/4 inch strips.
- 3 large sweet red peppers halved
- 1 package small elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 hard cooked eggs chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 Tablespoons drained capers
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 2 cans (5.7oz each) pitted black colossal olives drained
- 2 medium sized onions grated
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
2. Cook the pasta following the directions on the package, drain and place into a large bowl.
3. Stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, eggs, lemon juice, mustard, capers, salt and pepper into a medium size bowel. Spoon the dressing over the pasta, add the chicken and toss to blend well.
4. Reserve 8 red pepper strips to garnish, chop the remaining strips and add to the salad along with the onion and celery. Toss well to mix, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve up to 3 hours. Add more Mayo and sour cream just before serving if the salad is to dry.
Posted by Carolmana on November 19, 1998
Back to The F.U.N. Place