The F.U.N. Place Recipe Box Archives
Healthy Apple Raisin Bread Pudding
In greased 2-quart casserole, combine bread cubes, apples and raisins; set aside.
- 4 cups low-sodium white bread cubes
- 1 1/2 cups diced baking apples
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 3/4 cup EGG BEATERS
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Combine milk, EGG BEATERS, sugar, margarine, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg; pour over bread mixture. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Assemble pudding as above in 2-quart microwavable casserole; cover. Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) for 6 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes. Microwave at MEDIUM 8 to 10 minutes more, rotating dish 1/2 turn after 4 minutes.
Posted by Homebound on November 17, 1998
Back to The F.U.N. Place