The F.U.N. Place Recipe Box Archives
For spice syrup:
To mix Punch:
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cloves
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
Make spice syrup:
- 1 chilled 25.4-ounce bottle sparkling cider (about 3 1/4 cups)
- 1 chilled 1-quart bottle cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 chilled 1-liter bottle club soda or seltzer water
- 1 cup dark rum if desired
In a small saucepan bring syrup ingredients to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved, and simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Cool syrup. Syrup may be made 1 week ahead and chilled, covered.
In a punch bowl combine remaining ingredients and strain syrup through a fine sieve into punch. Stir punch and add ice blocks. Makes about 13 cups.
For serving: Ice blocks in any shape
Ice blocks for punch can take any form you wish. Try rinsing out surgical gloves and filling them with water, tying them closed. After freezing the "water balloons" on a baking sheet, the gloves peel off easily and make icy hands to chill our Witches' Brew.
Posted by Denise on October 17, 1998
Back to The F.U.N. Place