The F.U.N. Place Recipe Box Archives
Low Fat Oatmeal Muffins
heat oven to 350 F.
- Cooking spray (Pam, Wesson)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup PURE maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons FRESH orange juice
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (not the quick cook kind)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (i do use white flour sometimes)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or apples or whatever you like best
spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray
whisk egg whites till frothy, whisk in maple syrup, orange juice and milk.
add vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg and orange zest.
stir in oats, flour and baking powder.
fold in pecans and cranberries.
fill muffin cups about 2/3 full.
bake 20 minutes or until muffins are firm in the center.
these muffins are not fluffy....they are definitely heavy......but they give energy AND fill you up so that you don't find yourself snacking!!!
2.5 grams fat per muffin
128 calories per muffin
Posted by Fantasia on September 28, 1998
Back to The F.U.N. Place