The F.U.N. Place Recipe Box Archives
Pumpkin Upside Down Cake
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 29 oz pumpkin (1 large can)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 oz evaporated milk (1 large can)
- 1 lb yellow cake mix (1 standard box of cake mix)
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 4 Tbsp sweet butter melted
- whipped cream
1) Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C), .
2) Mix together sugar, eggs, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and milk. Line a 9 x 13-inch pan with wax paper and pour the mixture in.
3) Sprinkle the dry cake mix on top, then sprinkle the nuts. Pour melted butter evenly over the cake mix and nuts.
4) Bake at 350 F (175 C), for 50-60 minutes.
5) Cool (very important). Flip over and remove from pan. Remove the wax paper.
6) Top with whipped cream (which would dissolve if the cake weren't cooled first).
Posted by Homebound on September 28, 1998
Back to The F.U.N. Place