The F.U.N. Place Recipe Box Archives
Sour Cream Lemon Pie
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour or 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice whipped cream
- 1 - 9 inch baked pie shell
1. In a saucepan, combine sugar, flour or cornstarch, and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir on medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat, and cook and stir 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Beat yolks slightly. Gradually stir 1 cup of mix into yolks. Return yolk mixture to saucepan, and bring to gentle boil. Cook and stir 2 more minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in butter, peel, and juice. Fold in sour cream.
3. Pour filling into baked pie shell, and cool. Top with whipped cream.
Posted by Homebound on September 19, 1998
Back to The F.U.N. Place