The F.U.N. Place Recipe Box Archives
Mango bread (hawaiian style)
preheat oven to 350 degrees.
mix dry ingredients and set aside.
- 3 mangos peeled with the meat removed from seed; pureed.
- To this add one cup firm tofu and puree again.
- 1 mango (meat cut into chunks).
- 1/2 cp. oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or oriental 5 spices)
- 1 cup raisins,or 1 cup chopped nuts, or 1/2 cup coconut(shredded) optional
mix all wet ingredients.
mix both and add optional ingredients.
Pour into 9x13 pan or 3 small loaf pans sprayed with PAM.
bake in oven for one hour (or until done). Check doneness with a toothpick in center of loaf.
note : 3 bananas can be substituted for mango, or a combination of mango and banana can be used to equal the 2 cups or puree.
Loaf will appear dark in color.
Posted by taryn b. on June 13, 1998
Back to The F.U.N. Place