The F.U.N. Place Recipe Box Archives
Cheese and Bacon Pinwheels
In small bowl stir together all ingredients except bread.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crisply cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 Tbsp. sliced green onions
- 7 slices rye bread, crusts removed
Flatten each bread slice with rolling pin.
Spread each bread slice with 1 1/2 Tbsp. cheese mixture.
Roll up jelly roll fashion beginning with short side.
With serrated knife, slice each roll into 4 pinwheels; secure each with wooden pick.
Place on cookie sheet.
Broil 5 inches from heat for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Remove from cookie sheet.
Posted by Lisa on May 28, 1998
Back to The F.U.N. Place