The F.U.N. Place Recipe Box Archives
Easy Enchilada Casserole
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 small can enchilada sauce
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can of milk
- 2 dozen small corn tortillas
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces grated monterrey jack cheese
- additional minced onion (if desired) about 1/2 cup
Spray 13x9 inch pan with spray.
In medium saucepan, combine enchilada sauce, mushroom soup, and soup can of milk.
Heat over low heat and mix well.
skillet, crumble hamburger/turkey and cook with onion and garlic together until cooked through.
Warm corn tortillas slightly in oven/microwave/toaster oven.
Take one tortilla and dip it in the enchilada sauce mixture.
Place at bottom of pan.
Continue with 5 more tortillas, covering the bottom of pan as best as you can
(there will be some bare spots, that's OK). Sprinkle with 1/4 of the meat mixture.
some of each cheese.
Sprinkle with additional onions (if desired).
Continue three times with the layering process:
1. Tortillas dipped in sauce
2. Meat mixture
4. Additional onions (if desired)
The final layer should be tortillas in sauce.
Then sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Bake in oven at 350 degrees for approximately 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Remove from oven and let stand for about 5-10 minutes.
Cut with knife and serve warm.
You can serve sour cream, salsa, green onions, tomatoes, and hot sauce on the side, if
Posted by Homebound on May 23, 1998
Back to The F.U.N. Place