The F.U.N. Place Recipe Box Archives
Home Made Rolls
2 cups milk
1/4 c vegetable shortening or butter
1/4 cup sugar
2 pkg (2 Tablespoons) yeast
1/4c lukewarm water
5 to 6 cups sifted flour
melted shortening or butter
1. Bring the milk to a boil. add shortening or butter, sugar and salt cool to lukewarm.
2. Soften yeast in the lukewarm water and add to milk mixture
3. Add about half of the flour, mix and beat well.
Add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough ( this might take more than
the 6 cups)
4. Turn out on a floured board, let rest 10 min and then knead until smooth, about 10 min
5. Place dough in a greased bowl, grease surface, cover and let rise in a warm place (80 to 85 degrees F)
until doubled in size
6. Turn dough out on a floured board and knead lightly until surface is smooth.
shape as desired and place on greased baking
brush with melted butter, cover with towel, and let rise until doubled in size.
7. about 10 min before rolls have risen pre heat oven to 375
8. brush rolls with additional melted butter and bake 15 to 20 min.
Posted by LuAnn on January 23, 1998
Back to The F.U.N. Place