The F.U.N. Place Recipe Box Archives
Australian Anzac Biscuits
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
1 tablespoon of golden syrup
1/2 cup butter/margarine
1 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
2 tablespoons of boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 150 - 160c.
2. In a large bowl., mix oats, flour, sugar and coconut together.
3. Melt syrup and butter together in a small saucepan.
4. Mix soda with boiling water and add to melted butter and syrup.
5. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Place tablespoons of mixture on greased biscuit tray.
7. Bake in a slow oven for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
8. Store in an airtight container as soon as they have cooled.
* note: you could perhaps add currants or sultanas to it as well.
These biscuits were thought to be first made in wartime when rations were low in WW1...they are very tasty :) Enjoy!
Posted by HoneyBee on December 07, 1997
Back to The F.U.N. Place