The F.U.N. Place Recipe Box Archives
Eggplant Parmesan That Your Kids Will Love
1 large eggplant, sliced in 1/2 inch pieces
1 Mozzarella cheese, grated
1 jar of sauteed Onion & Mushroom Ragu
3 eggs (beaten)
2 c. flour (Put on a lg. plate)
salt and pepper
Oil (enough to have 1/2 in. or better in two lg. frying pans
Glass rectangle baking dish
1. Wash eggplant, cut off as much of leaf lid that you can. Slice eggplant in 1/2 or a little better rounds.
Pierce it with a fork several times.
2. Coat really well in beaten eggs.
3. Press into flour. Turning over and really coating it good. (Only dip into egg once.)
4. Fry on medium to high (7-8 on electric stoves)till medium golden brown on each side.
5. Place on a lg. plate covered in paper towels. Each layer should be on several layers of paper towels.
You want to press them when your finished frying to remove the grease. Please be careful not to burn yourself.
6. Layer eggplant on bottom of glass dish.
It does not matter if they do not cover the entire bottom of the dish. You want two layers.
7. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
8. Spoon on the Ragu using a little less than 1/2 the jar.
9. Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese over your first layer.
10. Repeat steps 6-9. Press the cheese down in on the top layer so the sauce comes through a little bit.
11. Place in the higher part of our oven for about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes at 325*. Watch for the color to get golden brown.
Let it stand for 5 or 10 minutes before serving.
Posted by Gail on September 23, 1997
Back to The F.U.N. Place